Monday, September 17, 2012

Wesley's Halloween Birthday (last year)

Since Halloween is getting close I thought I would share party pics from last year and the super cute food/recipes!

Nothing fancy here just a banner made from Halloween scrapbook paper.

Down the super long hallway at my parents house I had balloons tied in a zigzag pattern.

I'm not to fond of all the layers in 7 layer dip, so this might be more like 5 or 6 layer dip. I put the meat (i think), beans, cheese on the bottom and guacamole on top and lined around the plate with tomatoes sliced in halves. The spider web is made with sour cream, I put it in a ziploc bag and cut the corner off and squeezed it out in the spider web design. The oh so scary plastic spiders completed this look! 

These super cute tooth picks I found at Hobby Lobby.

Mummy Dogs: So simple and so yummy! I wrapped uncooked hot dogs with crescent rolls. I pulled the dough as I wrapped to make them stringy and then they went around the hot dog several more times.

Eyeball Deviled Eggs: Added green food coloring to the yolk mix and topped with a black olive (the 7th ingredient that doesn't make the cut in 7 layer dip) . 

These were sort of a fail ;-/  Slice the apples add the peanut butter to hold the teeth in, but instead of slivered almonds like you see here use mini marshmallows.  It will look SOOOO much better!

Plates I got from Party City.

LOVE this drink server I got as a wedding gift! Anyway this is Hawaiian punch, the top is filled with plastic eyeballs that float perfectly for a gross effect! 

Creative Wesley wanted to be a robot and so he picked out the pieces and we created this masterpiece! 

Gumby made an appearance!

This is where I earn Mother of the Year, I forgot birthday candles so he got to blow out a Yankee candle.  Thank goodness the Scentsy obsession hadn't started yet we really would have been in trouble!

His birthday cake was a dirt cake: Pudding, whipped cream and Oreos all mixed together and then topped with crumbled Oreos, gummy worms and plastic bugs.

The spider webs and "Chandeliers" are from the $1 store.

This would have looked better with black or white candles, but still turned out.

This is a cold spinach dip with carrots stuck in it to look like a hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment