Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Song Art Work.

Scott wasn't in charge of anything for our wedding, except the song I walked down the aisle to.  He didn't want any of the planning responsibility (and I was a-ok with this arrangement) I like the song and loved that he picked it out so I made it into a piece of art for our house! 
6x6 canvases from Hobby Lobby
I made a publisher doc in 6x6 and typed the lyrics in. I changed up the font for every other phrase and then printed them on card stock.
I painted the sides with the same green that's on the accent wall in our bedroom.  Acrylic paint would also work really well for this.
I had to get creative with the drying since the canvas couldn't lay down on any sides, so I put little Glad (foodsaver) bowls under each one. 
This was the hard part, finding a glue that would keep the paper on the canvas.  I googled the answer ;-) and came up with wood glue.  *important note* spread this evenly and very thin so the paper doesn't wrinkle up with the moisture, I poured some on and then used a paint brush to spread all over. 
Final result hanging in our bathroom!  Kinda nervous it won't hold up with the moisture in the air so I might have to move it to our bedroom wall instead.
The Lyrics are "Grow Old With Me" - John Lennon
I got this idea from Stephanie Lynn's Blog 

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to do this...you know after Brent and I are actually married, but probably with the song we dance to! It looks cuute and I saw it in real life last night and it looks great in y'all's bathroom!

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a piece of artwork that hangs in my bathroom, but I sealed it with Mod Podge. There are certain kinds that stand up to moisture better than others, but I used the original stuff, and it's been hanging in bathrooms for almost 2 years.

    You're so creative! I LOOOOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete